Grilled Snapper with Mango-Avocado Salsa
This recipe is derived from the one and only Gwyneth Paltrow however she uses halibut in her recipe but because I don’t care for halibut, I’ve substituted it with red snapper and I’ve also modified the cooking technique such that I use a grill pan rather than the BBQ. I don’t own a gas BBQ, only a charcoal Weber, and although I love the taste, it’s just not as convenient for a simple recipe like this…hence why I use the grill pan! This is a super easy recipe and quite healthy.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2″ dice
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2″ dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-ounce red snapper fillets
- 4 lime wedges
Gently combine the avocado, mango, tomatoes, basil, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a large mixing bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature, gently tossing occasionally.
Place fish fillets in a 13x9x2″ glass baking dish. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoon lime juice over. Season fish with salt and pepper. Let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes, turning fish occasionally.
Prepare a grill pan on med-high heat. Grill fish until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. Spoon mango-avocado salsa over fish. Squeeze a lime wedge over each and serve.